- Operates in the field of industrial automation and robotization
- Portfolio consists of over 100 significant customers from all over the world
- Completes over 100 projects a year (steady year-on-year increase of 20-30%)
- 70 employees
- Prague, Czech Republic, branch office in Nový Bor, Czech Republic
- Native mobile application
- Language mutations
- Development of custom application – module for project management
- Mobile application configuration for Resource planning
- Customer portal based on Salesforce communities
- Salesforce1 platform
- 5 months
- Complete replacement of the majority of unsatisfactory tools by a single system
- Overview of all important data in a single location
- Higher work efficiency within phases and smoother transitions between individual project phases
- Obtaining a competitive advantage – automation of manual activities
- Securing access, backup and history (logs)
- Option to continuously check the actual state of the implementation of an order; we are able to involve clients more, provide them with better information and, as a result, achieve high customer satisfaction
- Integration with other systems
- Mobile application and online access to information
- Agile development
- Project team consisting of 4 Salesforce specialists
- Fast implementation with regards to the demanding nature
of the project
- Immediate feedback between the customer and the project team
- Non-traditional application of the Salesforce platform
About the company
D2Automation operates in the field of industrial automation and robotization, it produces single-purpose machines as well as automatic assembly lines. Emphasis is placed on delivery management, which was the main focus of the Salesforce implementation.
Project management took the form of, besides others, complicated and shared Excel files and other applications. More people had access to the files and often it was not clear who edited the files and how; different file versions were saved. Activity planning, reporting, informing of customers about the project progress etc., was very time-consuming.
The aim of the project was to create a single tool for project management that would allow management and monitoring of the production, capacity, time and project costs. This solution was to replace the unsatisfactory and missing tools and processes.
Due to the plan to implement a system of unified project management, we have decided for Salesforce.com. The main reason for this solution was the fact that it offers numerous options of custom development with addition of standard Salesforce functions, native mobile application and the possibility to easily prepare different language mutations.
Situation after implementation of Salesforce:
- Project phases of D2Automation are managed in terms of time and in terms of planned resources
- Planning is done via a custom-designed Gantt time diagram that is linked to the allocation table of resources.
- Customers can view the time diagram, as well as other information about the projects, on their portal (Salesforce communities).
- Automatic creation of orders has been set up – electronic PDF documents are generated automatically from data stored in Salesforce and sent to the supplier for confirmation of the delivery deadline.
- Employees also have access to a mobile application using the Salesforce1 platform for approving of time reports and sending of vacation requests. This application is furthermore directly connected to the project management module.
Project management in Salesforce enabled D2Automation to monitor project progress in a single application, view who made what changes in projects, process complex reports, plan human resources and much more.
An important part of the implementation was to allow customers access to the system in order to provide them with a clear overview of the progress of their project.